Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,799   Online: 813

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Cyanotype drying time

Today I made some cyanotype on paper. The paper seems to take for ever to dry. I gad some of the negs ruined by the coating not being dry enough. I used Hahnemühle 300g paper. After the exposure and washing naturally the paper is really wet. Now 5 hours later the paper is still not dry and they have been outside in 25 deg celcius.

How long do You usually let them dry ? Both after coating and after washing. I was thinking that by using heavier paper it could solve the problem or am I wrong ?
    If a man does not keep in step with his fellows it may be because he hears a different drummer... Thoreau

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Maybe you're coating too thickly. You should brush on an even coating but there should be no puddling and it should dry to the touch in, say, 30minutes, 1hour maximum. Then do another coat if you want and let dry for another 30minutes and they should be dry. It should be more like a fairly dry wash of watercolour paint, not photographic emulsion or acrylic/oil paints if that helps.
    Last edited by Akki14; 06-05-2008 at 02:48 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: using the wrong words again, oops.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin