Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,203   Posts: 1,531,625   Online: 1113

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I'm finding the best results I'm getting is to double coat. The first coat is hardened in an alcohol bath before applying the second coat. I have a local farmer that supplies me with fresh eggs so I have never used the dried egg whites. I know others who have used the dried egg whites with great success though. I started out using the float method but I've since started using John Coffer's technique of folding the paper in half and rubber cementing three sides. This allows you to submerge the paper producing two sheets at a time. By submerging it helps eliminate those pesty surface bubbles you must contend with that pop up from time to time. Once the albumenizing is completed then the sensitizing is done the same way, by submerging. Then the glued edges are trimmed away and you have two sheets ready for ammonia fuming and printing. Of course there are many ways to make albumen paper but this is what works best for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the Crane's Kid Finish that you sell. Can they sell it to you in a roll?
    juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Most commercial paper is MADE in rolls. The fact that it is not offered in rolls is just a marketing decision. By contacting the paper mill direct, since you will actually be a manufacturer of a product using the paper, you might be able to secure a supply in roll form. Of course I know that some very expensive "fine art" papers are hand laid on screens in sheets, but I don't think you are talking about that.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You've got a customer here.

We have contacts at several of the large mills, including Crane's and Southworth. Yes, many of the papers we use come in rolls. Unfortunately, many of those rolls are too big fit through the door, or even inside our building!

The paper is machine coated, using the same machine we make carbon tissue on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is great news !
    G.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Dana,
    Since no one else seemed to answer your question. Bienfang Graphics 360 Translucent Marker Paper. Over the counter it comes in pads but I would think it could be soured from the manufacturer on rolls. It was the thin paper of choice for many platinum folks for a long time.
    Zsolt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Dana
    I looked around for alt paper rolls for my cirkut shots and found a paper called ANW drawing and framing. It's thicker than you want, from the sound of it. I've have good luck with it doing van dyke and cyanotypes, but would guess it's in the 190 range thickness. I get it in 10 yard by 60" rolls. I could probably send a sample if you like. Let me know if you are interested. I'm a B&S customer, and you can also pm me or get my contact info from my web site. By the way , I'm always interested in hearing about other roll paper options as well.
    Jamie Young, madison, WI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin