Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,390   Online: 664

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Using "ortho lith"type film????

I was thinking about future experiments and I was wondering if anyone uses ortho lith films as a negative film in 4x5 view cameras or others?

What was your experience>?

I thought it could could possibly give interesting effects etc.

Thanks

zing

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I've used it in pinhole cameras, and had students use it in pinhole cameras with 4x5 film holder backs. It was developed in regular (sprint) developer rather than the special AB stuff, and was still moderately contrasty, but worth trying.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    If you want a full scale negative from lith flm, check out Jim Galli's development of it.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I grabbed a box of Kodalith some time ago and played; got a beautiful positive transparency by developing in dektol if I remember correctly - it was some time ago.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Rate at ISO3, no problems, bit contrasty but not impossible to print with. I develop APHS ortho litho film in ilford multigrade 1+9 for 30-40seconds by inspection. It's suppose to be more blue sensitive but I've not been able to shoot people with it yet, partly because I'm having to cut down my 8x10 film to fit in my 4x5 film holders which seems to be a little hard to do accurately for me. I should really buy a box of 4x5 outright.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot a lot of the stuff in 4X5 and 2 1/4 X 3 1/4. Develop in Rodinal 1:150 for about 7 min. with minimal agitation so the contrast doesn't build too fast. In my experience, dektol and HC110 and any other developer I have tried build contrast way too fast. Shoot at ISO 5. Watch it develop under a RED safelight. Absolutely grainless negs that appear rather thin, but print well. The shot "Roadside Lake" in my pics was shot on lith film.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use Russian Tasma Ortho film in the 24x30 and 30x40cm cameras. Easy to develop by inspection in Ilford PQ Universal - or any other print developer. I dilute the developer quite a lot from paper strength, though.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

LC-1 low contrast developer

I have not used lith film in camera but for making enlarged negatives. After a number of years using HC-110 (1:16 dilution from stock) I'm using LC-1 developer and getting fantastic results. It's a true low contrast developer which uses sodium bisulfite to lower the alkalinity and thus lower the action of the developer. It's much more consistent than heavily diluted developers (film or paper). However, it does need to be made from scratch.

-david

LC-1 developer: http://members.aol.com/fotodave/Articles/LC-1.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used Freestyle's Arista branded lith film in my Toyo 45G. Development in Ilford Multigrade print developer diluted 1:40 gave good tonal range.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the replies!

Riccksplace, If you read this, your photograph was really great! I've never used rodinal. Was the one part out of the bottle or one part of stock mix?

I noticed there are 2 type pf the film available. One is half tone and the other I saw was continuous. I couldn't help but think only one type would work????

Thanks for all the advice~

zing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin