Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,632   Online: 1134

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks!
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Addendum,

BTW Denise, nice gallery on the Alternative Photography forum!

I have been surprised at how many are not aware of the AP forum. It contains one of the most comprehensive gallery collections of contemporary photographers using alternative processes and also a wealth of information on each process and the procedures involved, including formulas etc. Check it out. www.alternativephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave, since Denise is using hand made emulsions, this entire thread might be considered better placed in the Emulsion Making and Coating forum. IDK. Just a thought.

Unless conventional emulsions are now Alternative.

PE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    At www.alternativephotography.com forum, the Denise Ross artist gallery shows a bit more of what is in Denise's now renowned "Little Black Leather Book"... i.e. Gum over Silver gelatin, Some phenominal handcoloring, Stereography and 3 color Gum Printing! There is also info on glass plate, emulsions etc. and even di*&%$al process applications for Alternative Photography! New and improved formulas are readily available for the old and new alternative processes. Alternative Process photography is not to be encumbered or defined by Historical Processes.

It is nice to see posted in the Alternative photography forum on APUG, excellent examples of process results. Often these are in the APUG Standard and Critique galleries and not open to all. I'd like to see more posts of quality examples of Alternative Photography on this forum. We often get involved in the joy of "mixing the goop" and miss the purpose-photography. I have mentioned the recent Carbon Process class with Sandy King at the Formulary. Getting to experience the process was quite enjoyable, however, it was reviewing close up Sandy's box of prints that rounded out the process and formula, I had the same experience when viewing Kerik's "box of prints" and as with Denise's Little Black Leather Book. It's all good stuff!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin