Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,128   Online: 842

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

old vs. new potassium oxalate PTPD printing

What sort of differences could I expect to see if I used an old stock (8 years) and a new stock mixed with some of that older dev.

The newer mix gives warmer prints, but I am curious--what would I expect to see in the highlights? (should the printing speed be different?)

Thank You In Advance,

Corey

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't notice that newer developer speed up printing time but I use new dev in some case:
    • using old developer may lead to get a little fog. so when I print with white border I use new dev I apply with my coating rod.
    • When I want to do a pure platinum or pure palldium print, I also use a new dveloper.
    • at last when I use gold in my sensitizer I truely prefer to use new dev as it may react with old ferric calst contain by old developer.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Chris,
    Can you tell me how you mix the gold developer with your sensitizer, and what effect does it have on the print? I have some old gold toner for silver prints. I'm not sure if it's simply pure gold chloride in solution. Will this work, or do I need some other form of gold chloride?
    Thanks,
    Steve

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Steve

It is an additive to the sensitizer and not a gold developper. I add a drop of 1 5 or 10 % to my palladium platinum mix to get a pink effect, It can also be use to get warmer or colder tone ( gold is quite magic). I am nnot sure gold toner may work as it contains thyocyonate or something like that.

but you may use it to gold tone your palladium print.

Regards
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin