Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,231   Online: 735

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Hard to build anything on a plane or in the airport. Plus I barely have a life as it is.

Regards, Art.
    What, they have a problem with you hauling a tablesaw and box of chisels in your carry-on?

On a semi-related note, have you played with Google SketchUp? I've been using it to help me get dimensions and stuff right before I start cutting. Can't say for sure if has cut down the scrap generation but it might be something you could use to get stuff ready to build back at home.

Good luck with assembling your wet-plate kit. I made the decision that I was going to make as much of mine as possible. Might not cost any less and is definitely taking a long time but having fun doing it! I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Looks a lot like the flame from a small alcohol lamp.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art -

You probably already know about this one, but quite often stores like "World Market" have stoppered bottles that would work well for collodion and varnish pouring bottles. And on occasion I've seen small sized glass trays there. Never measured them to see if they are compatible with any plate sizes though. Inventory seems completely random.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh people! I've been away for the longest time and I just opened the package from Steve Silipigni. These cover boxes are gorgeous. I ordered the dark stained pine ones (I think - I don't really recall any more); regardless they are well designed and well made. What a fantastic Halloween treat! Now the trick is to make some decent ambrotypes ...

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin