Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,852   Online: 951

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do the blotches even out after toning? If not find another paper. On occasion I get small blotches even with COT 320 and they even out after toning. There are many papers that do not do well in the kallitype process. If you have no other paper try some COT 320 its expensive but worth it compared to lost time on others etc. Also double coating COT 320 is worth the effort IMHO.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks for all the replys. I was also getting blotches using argyrotype to which I had added tween. I'm mixing a new batch of kallitype and I'll add some oxalic acid to the FeOx as Dana suggested. I had just received a bottle of argyrotype from Dana which I'll try without tween and applying with a good brush.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I made a new batch of kallitype and did not use tween and added 2g of oxalic acid to the ferric oxalate as Dana suggested . No more blotches so the culprit is either the tween or the ph. I still find applying the sensitizer with a rod works better than a brush.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin