Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,720   Posts: 1,514,909   Online: 1029

Shooter
    Medium Format

efke Lith FR-25 T - It still works !!

hehe, after more than few years i opened long forgotten box with Litho developer FR 25 T from Fotokemika I bought some 8 years before...
    I used it then for some time, and until now, when I'm finally ready to work more seriously with it, I kept it under a table in my darkroom, separated 5 liters A + 2,5l B...
    Solution B was already dark brown, but I prepared mix for test lith printing...
    and to my surprise it still works...

What should I expect of it, and is it wise to use it replenished with fresh developer of the same kind, which I plan to get from Fotokemika, if they still make it... i hope soo...?

I got myself Tim's book on Lith printing then, while ago, and I am planing to read it in detail again...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Being in Zagreb you are in good hands with Fotokemika ! Their papers rock, especially in Lith.
    If it works and if you like it why would you toss it away ? Enjoy !
    G.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would never toss it away...
    I was just surprised that my batch still works after 8 years...
    And I was wondering how long will it last, and should I expect sudden end in the process, and is there any solution to prolong the life of those seven liters of FR 25 T stock I have...

BTW, what efke paper do You recomend me for Lith printing?
    I used Ilford Multigrade Warm tone and some of the old pack of efke varycon, but with fresh developer, when it was still fresh, and varycon didn't have grainy shadows, although there was tonal change, and it developed some high contrast negatives very well, nice gentle highlights and much detail in shadows, along with nice tonal scale...
    I also have some Kodak Fine Art papers, and some agfa papers, any experience with them...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had issues with Varycon. Some batches were amazing and some unprintable. Emak is stunning.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Emaks you say, I'll try it, thanks...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin