Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,307   Online: 812

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, well got my first roll of the experiment back. Posted a pic in the anniversary gallery.

http://www.apug.org/site/main/album_page.php?pic_id=670

I used a $6 reloadable plastic lens camera fixed at iso200, with a 28mm lens. Provia100 processed in c-41.

I found that using the full 35mm frame doesn't make for an interesting look. However, when cropping in on the frame and using around 1/4th of the full frame, gives that soft abstract feel associated with the plastic lens. For my next roll I'm going to concentrate on images composed from a distance, then crop inward for the final print. I also think I'll stick with the cross-processing because I know what to expect next time around. Will post my next results...

*EDIT*

I've rethought the experiment and have done the following. Using photoshop (gasp), I removed the color and blurred some of the edge and adjusted the contrast. I'm sure I can pull off the same exact thing in the darkroom (but my darkroom isn't built yet). I really like the look so far and am going to keep experimenting with this. Thanks for any input!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, just posted shots from the second roll in the new apug "experimental gallery". I'm starting to get a good feel for the camera now. I have been composing the shots from a distance to enhance the plastic lens effect. So far I'm happy...

as there is now a 'plastic lens' gallery...! :lol:
    I've just joined the fun with some holga double exposure pics I took a while back

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin