Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,320   Online: 887

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

A Beautiful paper for Platinum-Swiss Opaline Parchment

A fews years back I was fortunate enough to buy out another photographers estate. In my purchase I bought his entire stock of Swiss Opaline Parchment. Probably a few old school printers recall this paper. It is 165 gsm weight with great wet strength. It has a slightly acidic ph so no pretreatment is required. This paper has a very smooth plate finish and a very translucent quality, producing a beautiful delicate type quality. I've been hoarding this paper for some time. These sheets are 22x28". Arentz refers to this paper in his book. Unfortunately this paper is no longer made. But I have decided to sell some of my stock. So if anyone would like to give this paper a try contact me in pm or email. Robert

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Due to the amount of pm's I'm getting let me answer a few questions here. I would really prefer to ship this paper flat. So I may need a day or two to figure shipping costs- due to size and weight. I don't want to over charge anyone for shipping.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    do you know of any comparable papers in current production? I'd almost want a sheet or two just to find a good modern match.

-Patrick

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Partick, I don't know of anything comparable. I've tried samples of Canson's Opalux. And the Canson paper didn't work at all. If you find something comparable a lot of printers ( including me) would love to know. But I'm not selling just single sheets, sorry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good Morning, Robert
    How many sheets are you offering at a time? Do you still have some available? I am seriously interested if you have some left that your willing to part with.
    Thanks Scott

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

sample photo

I know that a scan doen't serve much purpose, especially done on my cheap scanner. But here is a photo done on this paper. This is an 8x20 shot on efke pl100, using just the rear half of a 14 1/2" Verito and printed on Swiss Opalinehttp://www.apug.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11756&stc=1&d=12197541 28
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cory-1.jpg  
    Last edited by RobertP; 08-26-2008 at 09:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I think all the paper is spoken for. I'll have to get a final count. But thanks to everyone who responded.Robert

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin