Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,508   Online: 890

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Books?

Shooter
    35mm
    Christopher james has sample chapters of his book on his website which is stated aboved

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I ordered a copy of Coming into Focus off of half.com ($12.24 after shipping who can say no) so we'll see how that one treats me I'll probably pick up Christopher James' book at a later time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, A very good book not yet mentioned is Spirits of Salts, by Randall Webb & Martin Reed. Available from Silverprint in the UK. Martin Reed is the proprietor of Silverprint as well. An eclectic mix of photographs as well as a good technical manual.
    Alex

Shooter
    35mm
    So far I have to say I'm happy with picking up Coming into Focus. It's a step up from just a technical manual.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeykoder View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions it would be great if you could find that kind of book in a store to check it out I hate going in blind.
    Go to the local library and ask them to Inter-library loan any book that you wish to review before buying. The library is a wealth of information, yet few people use what they have to offer. The library should be able to get just about any book out there that is not overly rare. I use them all the time for just this purpose and it has saved me a great deal of money.

- Randy
    Last edited by reellis67; 09-17-2008 at 08:54 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might also want to check out this book that I posted about before here on APUG. Although it isn't a cookbook for Alternative Process, this book by William E.Leyshon does cover a lot of the historic photographic processes and may be a nice introduction to it all...

PHOTOGRAPHS FROM THE 19th CENTURY: A process identification guide
    Author:William E.Leyshon

You can find a link to a downloadable PDF of the entire book in the Links section of APUG here:

http://www.apug.org/portal/?id_category=93

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin