Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 807

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Books?

Shooter
    35mm

Books?

I'm looking for recommended books on alternative processes. I'm probably not ready to try it yet but all the more reason to study it while I'm on my way there no?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    John Barnier, Coming into Focus comes to mind as a good introduction. Good bedtime reading!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Christopher James book is great. Easy to read and instructions that are easy to follow. You can read more here: http://www.christopherjames-studio.com/
    If a man does not keep in step with his fellows it may be because he hears a different drummer... Thoreau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

newsletter reprints

judy siegel - the world journal of post factory photogrpahy. al sorts of good advise and information to get your brain thinking.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I found Keepers of the Light to be good for both a historical background and for learning the processes. You can usually get a copy cheap on the used market.

- Randy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    specific to platinum/palladium and Ziatype, The New Platinum Print by Sullivan & Weese. You can order it through Bostick & Sullivan, who are sponsors of this site.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the suggestions it would be great if you could find that kind of book in a store to check it out I hate going in blind.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, I found the Coming into Focus at my local city library. At a later date, when I had the money I bought a copy. Worth every penny to me.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I will second 'the book of alternative photographic processes' by Christopher James. it's fantastic overview of pretty much everything, I believe. it's also a very good read with lot's of inspiring images.

-david

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    I will second 'the book of alternative photographic processes' by Christopher James.

-david
    I'll third it.
    You could try searching amazon as some of the alt process books (Barnier does but James doesnt) have the opportunity to look at a few pages which is often enough to decide.

When in the same situation about a year ago I also found http://www.alternativephotography.com and http://www.unblinkingeye.com/ very useful source of articles and examples.
    AFAIK the post factory photography isnt active anymore and I havent been able to find any pdfs around. Although the Sullivan book on Pt/Pd is reputedly superb I went for a more general book 1st to try and get a grip on what took my interest. (Its blue blue blue blue except when its stained black black black :grin

Good luck and have fun
    Last edited by bnstein; 08-30-2008 at 03:26 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: more added

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin