Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,462   Posts: 1,570,642   Online: 816

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Printing Out Paper

Received my Centenial paper from Bostick and Sullivan today. I'm looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

Anybody work with this paper yet? What did you think?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have used it a lot. Wonderful stuff. Hope the new batch is up to snuff.

Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    Have used it a lot. Wonderful stuff. Hope the new batch is up to snuff.
    Do you know when the new product is supposed to be available or when an announcement is to be made? I check in to the Centennial web site periodically and nothing seems to change. Ilford is the new manufacturer as I understand because they acquired Kentmere.

Cheers!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I was under the impression that this run is the new paper. I placed an order with CAW for this run some time ago.. so there was a long lead time in getting the paper. Robert

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just received mine yesterday from B&S. Its the Kentmere run, not Ilford. Tried a few sheets yesterday following guidelines in Christopher James new edition. Did have some fading despite gold-toning. Nice thing is its self-masking - I'm able to print negs that cause solarization with Kallitypes. Hope to spend more time with it this weekend.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    This is the first time I've purchased this paper. I assumed it is the new run.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Was this a special order of the POP paper? It's not listed on the B&S web site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Must be that the new batch is in. I just got this email from CAW:

"Hello Erik-

The paper has arrived. Unfortunately, we got a lot less than we were anticipating because Harman found defects as they were cutting our order.

This means that we only have one box of 8" x 10" for you. "

I was looking for two boxes, but I'm happy that the stuff still exists. Hopefully Harman will continue to make it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's the last batch from the Kentmere plant, but I believe Harman cut it at the Harman plant (I believe that was what Simon Galley said, anyway).

Chicago Albumen took pre-orders for it back several months ago.

The last I talked with them, they guessed the "new" POP made at Harman would be available early next year.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I went into my pack of Centenial POP last weekend and found the edge was brown. Some discoloration in the center. Exposing it to sunlight and the rest of the process cleared or hid the color. Is this normal?

It has been stored in the origanal container and below 65F. I have now put it in the freezer.
    Thanks
    Randy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin