Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,605   Online: 821

have a bottle that I bought years ago, then forgot about, simply labeled: Sodium tetrachloro-Palladium(II), Na2PdCl4.3H2O. I have been mixing up LiPd & Pd solution #3 with PdCl2 using the formulas given in Sullivan & Weese. The Tetra-Pd is in powder form. Can it be used in place of PdCl2? Is it just mixed with water? Formula? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

...lyle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Uh, is this a trick question?....Sodium tetrachloro palladate is exactly what we use when making pd or pt/pd prints. Normally we use palladium chloride in solution mixed with sodium chloride to make Sodium palladium tetrachloride. So you are good to go, just dont add sodium chloride and make sure you are making a 15% solution.

thanks Jorge, now Arentz (p. 30) makes sense. The "3H20" on the label was confusing as I hadn't seen it on any formula.
    ...lyle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ah, sometimes the hydration tends to be ommited, so you are not alone in the confusion. Good luck and post some prints..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin