Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,483   Posts: 1,571,181   Online: 1136

Shooter
    Medium Format

mordancage/ emulsion lift

wich one of the chemicals used in the mordancage process is the reason for the emulsion to seperate from the paper?
    i'm not so much interested in the etching/bleaching part of the process. i just want the emulsion to come off. since this is an essential part of the mordancage, maybe this can be done without the other effects.

i tried cooking off the emulsion, but no luck at all with fb paper and some luck with rc. (is the emulision of the rc-paper always white? it's white and opaque, not translucent like i expected gelatin to be).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ah, i just found something under the topic "gellage" which i didn't know before.
    i found a recipe which calls for 3oz vinegar and 3oz hydrogen peroxide in 2 cups of boiling water. seems like the peroxide is the thing needed.
    i'll try it and post some results. sorry for the disturbance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No disturbance. This was something I wanted to try, but hadn't asked about. Now I know someplace to start.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm curious as to your objection to the remaining chemicals in the mordancage process?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i didn't have much luck seperating the emulsion from the paper base with commercial papers, so i'm trying something else, using liquid light.
    i always got a little bit of paper left on the emulsion and while trying to remove that little remaining bit, it was way too likely got get some damage that will ruin the picture.

as to my "objection of the remaining chemicals in the mordancage process":
    either you mean, why i left them out in my recipe - to which the answer is: i don't know, because it isn't mine. i just found it somewhere on the net.
    or you mean, why i just don't use the mordancage process - as far as i know there is some image manipulation included in the process (through etching/ bleaching). i don't want the image altered, i just want the emulsion off the paper. also i don't think i can get the chemicals needed easily here.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin