Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,348   Online: 787

Thread: photograms

Shooter
    4x5 Format

photograms

Hello,

I'm dipping objects in dektol, placing it on fiber base paper, removing the object, exposing paper with dektol to light. Is this called a photogram?
    Is there another name to distinguish this process from placing just an object on paper and then exposing it to light for the image?

Thanks all,

Trudee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    that isnt a 'normal' photogram, but sounds really interesting to me:-)

i want to see some!

corey

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    more like chemical painting, but does it need a name if your happy with the results?

chemcial painting can use a variety of objects to put the developer on the paper, before or after exposures, it is all in the imagation of the creator.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Trudee. Call it what you like, I'm a fan of it too. If you can slow your developer down, it's fun to expose your flowers or bottles or whatever, and about halfway through development, turn the lights on to solarize. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but give it a blow. It's fun.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Someone reasonably adept at watercolour painting could do some pretty interesting images that way.

I took a course in Chinese calligraphy and painting a few years back -- that might be worth a shot, too. Good luck with your works!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a fun idea :-)

Try putting the object on the paper and than using a spray bottle to apply deve to the paper, it would be very interesting, I think.

Corey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by boyooso View Post
    I have a fun idea :-)

Try putting the object on the paper and than using a spray bottle to apply deve to the paper, it would be very interesting, I think.

Corey
    Artistically an interesting idea, but from a health perspective it would be unwise to create air borne developer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rdbkorn View Post
    Artistically an interesting idea, but from a health perspective it would be unwise to create air borne developer.

OH, I think you're right! I didn't think of that.

Corey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, when I do a photogram it usually involves leaving the objects there on the paper and then exposing them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin