Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,269   Online: 1000

Thread: pt/pd printing

Shooter
    Medium Format

pt/pd printing

Hi-
    I am going in for pt/pd printing. I wonder if i can use my almost "bullet proof". negativ to get a good resultat. I have used very dense negs for printing on POP papers. It vill be very nice to use both my old negs and my new ones that i dev. for pt/pd printing.
    Thanks
    Inge from Sweden

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You should be able to. Of course, "dense negs" is not necessarily the same as "high-contrast negs", but in general, pt/pd can take a neg of high contrast. If your negs are of too high of a contrast, you can consider the POP platinum process (Ziatype) which can handle higher contrast negatives.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    "Bullet Proof" negatives are not the answer. SUch negatives will take forever to print.
    Negatives with a long scale are what is needed. Slower films produce more contrast more easily - like FP4+. Use your normal EI, or 1/3-1/2 stop higher and develop 40% longer for traditional films. These may not be perfect, but they will get you in the ball park. Shadows should be rather thin, highlights twice as dense as for gelatin silver.
    Get the book by Sullivan and Weese from Bostick & Sullivan and study it before you begin. It will save you a lot of frustration and money.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    " .
    Get the book by Sullivan and Weese from Bostick & Sullivan and study it before you begin. It will save you a lot of frustration and money.
    The Sullivan/Weese book is OOP
    Get a copy of the SECOND EDITION of Dick Arentz's Platinum and Palladium Printing.

Bostick Sullivan sells it. So does Amazon.

Don

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin