Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,102   Online: 1054

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    For lith developing, I'm using Fotospeed Lith Developer. I found that Ilford lithed slowly without a great range of tone, so I've switched over to Arista FB VC. Anyone have previous experience with this paper?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Maramba View Post
    For lith developing, I'm using Fotospeed Lith Developer. I found that Ilford lithed slowly without a great range of tone, so I've switched over to Arista FB VC. Anyone have previous experience with this paper?
    Yes, it does not have much color and is very, very grainy. Great for the right image, but not so good generally. If you are looking for a general purpose paper that liths well, try a warm tone paper other than Ilford (Foma, Kentmere are favorites).

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My China portfolio was done in lith if you would like to see it, check my website. It was done with Fotospeed paper and chems and a toning process after the fact. The changes in toning are really the reason I lith in the first place. I have used several developers and they can all be quite different. I like the results i have gotten with most but find that the Kodak AB can be kind of flat and sometimes a little too grainy.

I have quite a collection from the recent Europe trip and plan to do quite a bit of that in lith chems.

Foma papers have a great lith look to them as well (when lithed, of course) and they are quite quick in the soup!

All the best,
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an old box of Kodalith sheets someone gave me, and I have been thinking of trying to make some line duplications, not continuous tone prints. Frankly, I don't know if the film is any good, and I don't want to spend a bunch of money on lith chemicals to find out it's not.

If I contact expose this under my enlarger with the line drawing I want, can I simply develop the daylights out of it in a high concentration of regular developer, something like DD-X? Or will that give me fogging in the parts that should be clear? Is the two part lith developer required to get the totally black/white separation it's designed for?

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rollei makes a vintage lith chemical: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/65860-...ter?cat_id=301

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mekeel View Post
    Rollei makes a vintage lith chemical: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/65860-...ter?cat_id=301
    It's not really a vintage chemical, it's just a name. It was previously packaged as Maco Superlith. It is great stuff, though, my preferred lith developer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin