Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,309   Online: 1089

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Any lith printers here?

I fell in love with lith printing about a year ago. The college I attend had a bit of Kodalith part A and B, but it is in limited supply. I am the only one in the program with the interest or patience for lith printing, so what I have will last me a while, but it will run out sooner or later.

Kodalith simply isn't available anywhere I've looked. I've noted that fotospeed has an alternative developer to Kodalith. I'm wondering if anyone here has given it a go with positive results, or if they are using something else for lith printing...

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    I have been using Arista Liquidlith and Fomatone Classic MG at a dilution of 1:20 with great results. From what I understand, however, it will not give good results with some papers, so testing may be required.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As is the same with Kodalith.

If anyone out there gets their paws on some, it is fantastic stuff. It only gets better with age.

I mix the Kodalith as 1 part A, 2 parts B, to 30 parts water, then I expose it to open air for two days before using. Exposure times run around 10-20 minutes with development anywhere from 30 minutes to and hour and a half depending on the level of exhaustion.

The best papaers I found for Kodalith are Fotokomeka, Slavich, and Kentona.

Illfod is a no go. It works, but is not favorable.

Thanks for the tip on Arista.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There is many a lithprinter here.
    Even the grandmaster of lith himself i.e Tim Ruthman is joins the discussions regurarely.

Jaap Jan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naaldvoerder View Post
    Even the grandmaster of lith himself i.e Tim Ruthman is joins the discussions regurarely.
    Now there is a brain I'd like to pick...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been lith printing for about 3 years. Maco SuperLith (now called Rollei Vintage Creative SuperLith) and Nacco Naccolith are my two preferred developers. I started out with Fotospeed's lith developer, but honestly I got almost the same results with Maco and it was quite a bit less expensive so I switched.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, I've been dubbed 'lithboy' on my uni course! It's all I've been printing for the last 8 months pretty much. Try the fotospeed with foma paper, it's yummy.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm no lith printer, but I have been graced with a lith from APUGer Thomas Bertillson. Absolutely sublime. So there's another. Perhaps he'll chime in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another lith-er here! I switched almost exclusively to lith printing earlier this year when I did a lith printing workshop in Ireland. My only disappointment was that I hadn't started earlier! It was also something new to the photography instructor at my darkroom, and I think he's experimenting with it as well since he's seen what I've done with it. At the time I was living in France so it was quite easy for me to get a hold of Wolfgang Moersch's lith developers; as a result that's all I've ever used. I usually overexpose by 3-6 stops and develop at high dilutions with hot lith developers. Luckily I brought a good stash of that chemistry with me back to Canada, although I'm sure other lith developers would give me more than acceptable results. My favorite papers have got to be the Foma papers (esp. 132 and 542) but I managed to find some Forte Polywarmtone hiding in a French shop online so I have three boxes of the stuff waiting in my freezer for something worthy to print on it.

Unfortunately I'm in the early stages of putting together a darkroom so I haven't printed since I left France in late June. And since I'll be moving for the third time in almost four months I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back to those slightly weird smelling lith developers! ;-)

Check out the technical gallery here at APUG as well -- Wolfgang (and others) often uploads lith print comparisons to that gallery which will give you real inspiration.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also lith almost exclusively. Foma, Slavitch, Emak. Developer is Arista (Clayton), terrific and cheap.
    Moersch products are now available here and are absolutely amazing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin