Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,136   Online: 1100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    O.k. Now I found out that the fixer used is "Kodak A/B" (never heard of it before), and that the B part is a hardner and that they don't add that. They just use the A part.

Will this work?
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Robert,

Isn't this just rapid fixer? Part A and part B? Part A is the fixer and Part B is the hardner. Most agree that for printing Part B is not needed and some go so far as saying with modern films part B is not needed. I subscribe to that particular theory.

lee\c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm betting this is the case. This stuff is for general use. Due to school regulations, they provide the fix, we provide everything else.

Would the rapid stuff work here? My photo chemistry is pretty poor...

But I'm working on it....
    ----------------------

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well....I've been playing with the Liquid Light some. Two problems I have run into.

1) Bubbles. This is just a brushing issue and I am working on it.

2) Emulsion lifting. This is a big pain. I've been using Strathmore watercolor paper as a test. Bought a little book of the stuff. It works O.K. with ONE coating, but the emulsion lifts with two. Big time! Great if I wanted to do emulsion lifts, but I don't want to (yet...maybe later....). I'm still playing with some ideas here....maybe it is the coating or maybe the substrate...A little experimentation should help. But if anyone has any feedback, that would be great.
    ----------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Actually I have had much better luck now. I tried a new method of applying the emulsion, and I dumped the watercolor paper.

I bought some Arches Whatever-looked-good-at-$5.00-a-sheet and some papyrus (yes, papyrus...).

Instead of brushing the stuff on, I don some gloves and rub it into the paper. I have MUCH better luck this way. I pour a small amount of LL in the middle of the paper, and then I rub it into the paper. I let it dry for a couple of minutes, and then do another layer. To finish it, I dry brush it very lightly. The results are MUCH better. No bubbling at all now, and with two layers I get some pretty good results. I'm posting them in the gallery.

My biggest problem now is the paper itself. The papyrus curls like mad. I'm thinking of making some sort of stretcher to hold the paper taunt.
    ----------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin