Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,935   Posts: 1,557,054   Online: 1276

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gustavo - your second attempts look good. Looking forward to seeing your future plates.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks papa
    I will be getting some more colldoion next week as mine has to much water ( bad Alcohol)
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Way to go, Gustavo!

When I give talks on carbon printing I usually show my first prints and mistakes. Mostly to assure people that the first attempts are just that -- attempts. Thanks for showing them...it is all a learning process!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo_Castilla View Post
    rwyoung do what I did cigar box or beat up gralfex cheap to start with , if you can find a dry plate holder it will work fine so long you epoxy or paint ( clear nail polish ) the metal spring
    no harm done Eddie here are two from yesterday a tad better

I should be more clear, as I've already done some wetplate by using a 4x5 holder I hacked and my graflex. What I'm doing is BUILDING a 1/4 plate tailboard camera and all the accessories. This is taking me a bit of a long time because I'm working from home-made plans cobbled together by looking at some stuff written by Otto Dippold, looking at pictures of other equipment on eBay or peoples wetplate web sites (wet sites?) and finally just cogitating on how to do things.

Done so far are:
    1) body of the camera including removeable backs, but need to make a bellows and find some brass bits for some of the hardware parts and a more suitable material to re-make the darkslide
    2) Plate drying rack
    3) Glass vice for polishing (not 100% necessary but looked simple to make)
    4) about 1/2 done on my sliver tank. I think I may re-make this one a little larger or perhaps make two different plexiglass inserts so I can do 1/2 and 1/4 in the same box without wasting silver
    5) drawing up plans for a folding dark box.

I get more enjoyment out of figuring out the mechanics of a process or equipment in many cases than actually making the images.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And by the Gustavo, I like what you've done in the past with your printing so I have full confidence in your abilities with wet plate! Damn the torpedos, full reverse! Back to the 19th century! Or something like that.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Polybun
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo_Castilla View Post
    what part of experimental do people not understand??
    Is here to learn ,may be some body had the same problems tribulations and may be just may be they may shade light on the subject

I was thinking the same thing. Take a workshop?? fuck that, i have a better idea, experiment, trial and error, why not? Some people, I wonder how they even focus a camera with their head stuck so firmly in such a dark place. I'm not talking about their dark rooms either.

For what its worth, I personally enjoy the photos on the abstract level. I think the errors on the plates give a nice little peice of x factor to them.

Polybun
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Oh, please...

Best to wait until results are more successful before showing to public? What is the concept behind this thought? Why would anybody make such a statement?

Have you ever eaten some really hot food, then regreted it the next day? Imagine feeling that all the time, and you can start to understand them. I'm certain it REALLY hurts to have your head in your ass like that, thats why they behave that way.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hey, Polybun...I thought you Portland people were more mellow than that

Let's give Jim a break and leave off with the scatological references -- he is a boatload of information, even if we may not agree with his opinions as expressed...

Vaughn

There was Woody's line in "Annie Hall"..."You know, I don't think I could take a mellow evening because I - I don't respond well to mellow. You know what I mean? I have a tendency to - if I get too mellow, I - I ripen and then rot, you know."
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Polybun
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Hey, Polybun...I thought you Portland people were more mellow than that
    Phh! thats only because the national stations won't televise our riots!

No you know, you have to think of my tone of voice as a rambled muttering. Discompationate idle swearing. Somebody has to be the rude one.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybun View Post
    Phh! thats only because the national stations won't televise our riots!

No you know, you have to think of my tone of voice as a rambled muttering. Discompationate idle swearing. Somebody has to be the rude one.
    Okay! You be the rude poster, and I'll be the rotting, I mean, mellow poster!

Vaughn

Of course the networks don't televise Portland riots -- who wants to watch people in REI jackets and Tevas overturning police bicycles and yelling "Hell no, lets all grow!"

Whoops -- maybe I'm thinking of Humboldt County...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin