Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,907   Online: 980

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    Eddie, By looking at your plates you're well on your way.
    I agree Eddie. Great start. Really enjoying your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    Eddie, By looking at your plates you're well on your way. Carefull...its addicting. Robert
    i think i was addicted before i even started!

yes, all seems to be coming along very well. thanks again to everyone who has helped with information and support!

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    35mm

Grain Alcohol Substitute

I searched about 15 pages back and didn't find a specific thread and I didn't want to start a brand new one for such a small question but here it is.

Grain alcohol is obviously tricky to get in many states and I've read that denatured alcohol is a fine substitute. I've also heard that if there's too high a concentration of the chemicals they use to cut it (methanol if I recall correctly) that it either doesn't work as well or simply won't work, I don't know the specifics. Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone has personally used or heard of successfully using "S-L-X Denatured Alcohol" made by "W.M. Barr Branded Sales". If it works fine it would be wonderful since you can get it easily at any Home Depot or Lowe's for practically nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin