Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,647   Online: 966

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pinhole and RVP100

Hello,

I'm getting ready to shoot some Fuji RVP 100 in my f200 camera and wanted to get some exposure advice. I've downloaded the the Fuji RVP 100 data sheet but would like to hear some "real life" comments on ASA rating and reciprocity failure. Has anyone exposed for greater than 8 min or even 16min?

Thanks for your time and thoughts.
    Michael

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I ended up using Fuji Provia 100F with pinhole cameras instead of RVP due to its reciprocity failure.

The Provia held up for 30 minute exposures.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    RVP 100 has very good reciprocity compared with most other films like the RVP 50. No exposure compensation out to a minute. When I used 160 ASA negative 4x5 in a pinhole camera and had an exposure time of 4-5 seconds in daylight.

I've heard of the 50 version being used out to 9 minutes in moonlight with good results. I don't think you'll have much of a problem. Give it a little extra exposure and see what happens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have been using 4x5 Ektachrome E100G in an f/125 pinhole. No exposure compensation up to 10 seconds, so I just avoid night shooting. ; )

I got some excellent results my first time with pinhole photography using that camera and the E100G. I picked f/125 because it is close to f/128, which is six stops under f/16, and calculation during Sunny 16 conditions is made easy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post
    I ended up using Fuji Provia 100F with pinhole cameras instead of RVP due to its reciprocity failure.

The Provia held up for 30 minute exposures.
    This agrees with you http://home.earthlink.net/~kitathome...tm#proviatable

Shooter
    Multi Format

RVP 100

Hello,

Thanks for the info.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin