Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,262   Online: 819

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Lithium substitution for Sodium Chloropalladite

I thought I read here somewhere that I could substitute Lithium for Sodium Chloropalladite to do Palladium printing? If this is so, can I substitute
    Potassium Chloroplatinite for the Na2 or does it then just wind up being a PT or something print?
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wayne, I use Lithium Chloropalladite routinely for my Pt/Pd prints. Along with Cesium and Ammonium Chlorpalladite.

Someone else will have to answer the question about subing K Chloroplatinite for Na2, just don't know. For some reason, my gut says it will not behave the same as Na2, but it's been wrong before.

Here is a good thread related to this question
    Last edited by photomc; 12-19-2008 at 07:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ok so I thought I'd update this after having a conversation with Melody Bostick concerning the use of the Potassium Chloroplatinite for the Na2. Melody says that yes you can substitute it, but it won't give as much contrast as using the Na2. If you are a Ziatype user and have their standard kit you'll be able to buying the developing supplies and try the DOP Palladium process as long as you have a UV light setup, as the standard sun type of exposure for Ziatype will be hard to control based on varying sun intensity. If you want more contrast for landscape work in the Palladium print the Na2 is the way to go. Since I want to do some palladium portraits I'm going to try using the substitutes first. If someone would like to split a bottle of Na2 I'm game and have a scale that I can do so.
    W.A. Crider

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin