Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,490   Online: 1026

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bleach for lith re-development

I wanted to try this over the holidays. Anyone out there with some recommendations of the makeup of the bleach (I thought CuSO4 had something to do with it!) and any tips for how to make the original print (e.g. darker or contrastier or ???)

Thanks -- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It ideally needs to be re-halogenating with chloride or bromide.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    80g/l Potassium Ferricyanide, 20g/L Potassium Bromide is my traditional bleach for most toners I work with. It can be be re-used. I actually use this old C-22 bleach for when I am short of the Kodak C-41/E6 commercial bleaches for c-41. In that application I replenish it 45m/l per 80 sq in, and keep the overflow for one shot b&w print bleaching. Dispose of this at HHW. I leave it out to dehydrate somewhat in the garage once it is too slow to reduce it's volume before spatula'ing it up and turning it in, in a well labelled bottle.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin