Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,662   Online: 839

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mine is five blacklight fixtures from Home Depot screwed to the underside of a shelf in an IKEA shelving unit (IVAR, the deep one, not the bookshelf sized one). They all plug into a power strip which I then connect to a Gra-Lab digital timer. Total cost, including the shelving unit, was about $200. With this setup I can do up to 12x20 or 14x17. I probably could do 16x20 but I've never tried as I don't have anything that big. The lights are about 2" from the surface of the glass of my contact printing frame.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yesterday I buy two T8/G13 18Watt UV lamps (32,7zł one ), for my ExBox.
    That be ok for 18x25cm - 30x40cm prints , Gum & Cyanotype ?
    Now I must buy, transformer etc...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine is six spiral BLBs on 2ix-inch centers. The box itself is MDF, with a plywood top. Flap front door, small exhaust fan. I have a switch to turn the lamps/fan on and off, and my practice is to leave it on for the entire printing session - the warmup time of fluorescent bulbs is a consideration if you use a timer to control exposures by switching the lamps on and off, so I just use a kitchen timer to measure how long a print has been 'in the oven'.

The box itself takes up a lot of counter space, but it makes a great base for the dry mount press.
    Louie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have eight 20 watt lamps (F20T12BL) in 2 lamp strip light fixtures mounted in a home made frame. The lamps are about six inches above the printing surface. It only took one evening to put it together.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My uv source consists of 9x18w Black Light Blue UV tubes fitted on the bottom of an home made mdf table, the vaccum frame below was taken from a Parker plate maker (20x16") Only made it 3 weeks ago, at the moment i am very pleased with it, exposure times for all alt processes i use range from 4-5 mins.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uv unit.jpg  
    Platinum Printing Editions http://www.dceditions.com
    The Art of Platinum Printing Blog http://artofplatinum.wordpress.com/
    Alternative Photographic Processes blog http://altphotoblog.com/

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Pizza oven with vacuum frame drawer. More details here, towards the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by Colin Graham; 04-18-2010 at 10:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    Pizza oven with vacuum frame drawer. More details here, towards the bottom of the page.
    I read the whole page, and I'm really impressed. I'm a total klutz about building things. But I think I would actually have to see that vacuum frame to understand what makes it work.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    It is one of those things that's simple to make but very hard to describe, unfortunately...And I'm not sure how well it would work for POP processes- no way I can see to check the exposure without disturbing the registration. I still use a splitback frame for those.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just got a used nuarc. somehow it sucks up (Like a company executive to the CEO) not down like I expected.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Colin, Thanks for sharing your processes & equipment with us. Your work is beautiful and I'm sure it's breathtaking to
    see in person. I am curious where you obtain your 5x12 film?

davidmcmahon
    www.davidmcmahonphotography.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin