Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,344   Online: 776

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Before i used a glass rod, but the coating was not even. I now use a brush and coat it once. I do not have any problems with coating.

I use the new cyanotype variant. I will do a test with a pre soak of water to see what the difference is.
    I want to test several pieces of paper to get the best papers for the process. I search for paper that can take high contrast negs, and paper that is best for low contrast negs.

I am testing paper to create a galapagos collection in blue...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It is my understanding that the New Cyanotype process is very particular about the paper it is used on. You should have a look around Mike Ware's website http://www.mikeware.co.uk/mikeware/main.html . You will find much useful information about this and other alt processes.

Best wishes!

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Newcyanotype can be use as soon as made. Just need to be well filtred.
    Probelm with paper May be solve with Tween 20 or any wetting agent , add a dilute drop 1% to the solution to coat. il won't stay on the paper and wash in the wet stage.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    looking at the galapagos print. you could get really denser blue with new cyanotype. I use to dilute mine 1+1 ( with water) to get less dense blue for my tri color gum
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nze View Post
    looking at the galapagos print. you could get really denser blue with new cyanotype. I use to dilute mine 1+1 ( with water) to get less dense blue for my tri color gum
    I use simili japon for this to create an old photo effect.
    If I use cot 320 the contrast is much higher.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_bessell View Post
    It is my understanding that the New Cyanotype process is very particular about the paper it is used on. You should have a look around Mike Ware's website http://www.mikeware.co.uk/mikeware/main.html . You will find much useful information about this and other alt processes.

Best wishes!
    I got his book from the library, indeed a lot of information.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Jan View Post
    I use simili japon for this to create an old photo effect.
    If I use cot 320 the contrast is much higher.
    I think you will find that some subjects are better suited for this process. This image looks high contrast to begin with and lacks a range of tone that cyanotype can reproduce. IMHO anyhow.

Yes, some papers are high contrast and do not work well. Above all, a negative with the right density range is key to getting a good print.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin