Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,334   Online: 842

Thread: EFKE Print Film

Shooter
    Large Format

EFKE Print Film

Greetings Friends-

Anyone have experience with this continuous tone film? I tried it this weekend with great failure.

Failure 1: I loaded it under my Thomas safelight (orthochromatic, like paper right?) and all those sheets fogged big time. So, I went back to the dim red bulb.

Failure 2: Round two at least had an an image on the film- but also appeared fogged, and very very flat.

Tech: Shot these babies at ASA 25, souped in Dektol 1:1 at 70 degrees for two minutes.

So, if you have any keen insights I would be much appreciative.

NWG

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Efke 25 is not orthochromatic, but rather panchromatic (with reduced red sensitivity)! A quick look at the spectral response curve confirms this. I would suggest loading in complete darkness, and processing normally; that should solve your contrast and fogging woes (fog reduces contrast).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E76 View Post
    Efke 25 is not orthochromatic, but rather panchromatic (with reduced red sensitivity)! A quick look at the spectral response curve confirms this. I would suggest loading in complete darkness, and processing normally; that should solve your contrast and fogging woes (fog reduces contrast).
    Efke print film is not efke 25. Two different things. Freestyle sells both. I can't help beyond that, just wanted to clarify.

print film- http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_search.php
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/14908-...8x10-10-sheets

Links to the search don't work right...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Maco Genius Film is a lot more sensitive than APHS. I've had problems with it fogging under red safe light too. To process it in trays, I can't have a safelight in the bathroom with me, rather, it's in the next room (also light tight) and i only just have a hope of seeing the trays and maybe the buttons on the timer. I use Ilford Multigrade 1+9 for about 1minute. I last used the stuff for kirlian photography and I remember just about seeing an image come up so there must be enough light for vaguely inspecting it.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I worked with ADOX Display Film. But I am not sure if this is the same as efke Print Film. I used red safe light and had no fogging. Never tried Maco Genius Film.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be very interested to read what experiences people have had with the Efke print film, because I have thought about using it for enlarged negatives.
    Charles Hohenstein

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin