Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,560   Online: 958

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I expected that amongst the over-educated here, there would be some who understood what heads, hearts and tails were, and we would have an insider's laugh.

I'm glad that you cleared that up....in this forum, "heads" might be portraits, and "tails" a genre somewhat less acceptable to the more upright members of the community. But I'll be danged if I can figure out what "hearts" would be...

Raschig rings (haven't encountered that term in casual conversation lately) increase the theoretical plate count for the column...these would be (ahem) "wet plates", in keeping with the alternative-process interests of the original poster....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Since we all understand that you are not into this for economy (the energy cost per gallon for a simple still is pretty high, and reverse osmosis wastes a lot of water) I can in good conscience tell how the one we built back in the '60s worked. (This was North Alabama on TVA electricity, really cheap at least back then, and we had our own well so the condenser water was not a big issue.)
    <snip>
    There. Now aren't you glad that you asked?
    greybeard,
    The science is still the same, but TVA is no longer cheap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin