Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,039   Online: 1077

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sure it will work, you might have to get in contact with Olec and see what kind of integrator uses. The only concern I would have is the voltage, dont know if you can get 240V line in the US into a residential place. If you can then you are good to go.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Providing 240 volt into a US residence should not be a problem. Most existing residential service is nominally 240 volt from which 120 volt is obtained by combining one hot leg of the 240 with a neutral which is at ground potential. Electric ranges and electric laundry clothes dryers operate on 240 volt.

I imagine the $1.00 purchase price will look very good in comparison to the motor frieght charges on 175 pounds.

Shooter
    Large Format
    A light integrator measures the amount of light being outputted instead of measuring the exposure time. They are better so that you can start your exposures even when the bulb is cold, otherwise yu have to light the unit and wait until it stabilizes.

Visit www.olec.com and drop them a line, they might be able to advice you what is the best way to go for your unit. BTW make sure they still have bulbs and spare parts for the unit, if they do then it might be good to buy at least a couple of bulbs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I was afraid of that but was hoping you got more info or there was another component to the unit that was not shown. I dont know, maybe you can get the light afterwards, since for a dollar is not even worth griping that this guy represented this as a light unit not a power supply. Ah well, just send the guy his dollar and look into making an exposure uinit yourself. You can make one fairly cheap, read the article Sandy wrote about exposure lamps, some of the actinic mercury lamps come up on e bay from time to time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin