Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,242   Online: 832

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    resolution or sharpness are sometimes confused. And apparent sharpness is directly related to contrast!! Therefore a higher contrast silver print will look sharper or to have more resolution than a flatter PTPD print.

If you want to test this, just put a holga negative in your enlarger and test away.

Have Fun,

Corey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bugles View Post
    I've been investigating different alt. processes for portraiture. I'm looking for smooth, long-tones, somewhat soft. Platinum/palladium is attractive but what about carbon?
    If you wish to keep it simple, an old trick was to rate Tri-x at EI 64, then underdevelop in straight Microdol-X. Smooth and creamy flesh tones were the result, I was told.
    Not being able to retouch negs, I did something similar with a gal who had bad acne. Loaded up some Edwal FG7 with about five times the sodium sulfite. It worked very nicely
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    What a great idea. As I mentioned earlier, I probably haven't exhausted all possibilities in silver. I'm not the greatest tester as my darkroom is my hall bathroom and my kitchen counter, which entails compromises. But, what the hey, I can certainly try Tri-X @ 64.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin