Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,912   Posts: 1,584,692   Online: 675

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Luke try spinach for Anthotypes

I have also had good luck with leaves from fruit trees IE- plum trees

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is an excellent book called "primitive photography", aother one with te title "experiments with pinhole and self-made caeras" or similar.

Not only pinhole, but also other cameras can be made at home with little effort: rewarding are, for instance, hyperfocal cameras - can be done with simple lenses!

Eggs without dichromate does not sound promising to me. Of course they dry and rot in daylight, but that is about it. Dichromate is just poor-man enough, and will give first-rate quality at prices considerably lower than normal photographic paper.

For exposure, there is always the sun.
    And cyanotype is always pretty economical, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucej View Post
    wow that's a great PDF to have, full of good info
    Yes, that was what I thought when I first inadvertently stumbled upon it on the internet.

I keep people pointing to it whenever there is a relevant topic in a thread, as, although I put it up in the Link's section, not many people seem to use that part of APUG, considering the low number of hits there...

Well, that might be partly to blame to still present "spam" links, like the first two in the "Books" section. I contacted Sean once about that, but it seems he still hasn't found time to clean it up.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thanks all. Winter seems to be near the end here. World is turning more and more green each day, so I'll try the methods related to leaves first.
    Use the Force, Luke!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by q_x View Post
    I have not checked the egg properties and hopefully I'll try this in summer.
    The egg white thing is true. Some little bastards egged my brick wall one year. The egg wouldn't come off until I soaked it with bleach and then power washer blasted it off. Not a smart move. Had to do a little re-pointing after that.
    Frank Schifano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin