Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,309   Online: 1096

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Aerochrome questions

I did a search here on APUG about using this film, and it seems quite a few people knew it was available cut-down to 35mm, but I saw no posts from anyone reporting results they have had with it.

Anyone have a track record with this film? How were your results? Did you go E6 for slides or C41 for negatives? Does processing as C41 require another complete development after you obtain positive slides. If so, do you lose resolution as a result of being one generation further from the original?

Thanks in advance.
    Rick

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Once you develop film in E-6 for slides, there is no silver left in the film to do any more developing. All the light-sensitive material is bleached and fixed out leaving only a dye image.

Same goes for C-41. Once you develop film in C-41 you are left with only a dye image, no silver left for further manipulations.

Therefore, a film is "either" developed in E-6 or C-41. Yielding a slide or a negative respectively. If you develop C-41 negative film in E-6 slide chemistry you get a positive. This is called cross-processing.

If you develop E-6 slide film in C-41 color negative chemistry, you get a color negative. This is also called cross-processing. People do this for a unique "look".

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Are you referring to the Infrared stock? That looks cool and I have yet to try it. One guy on ebay appears to be selling rolls from his master roll which he cut to 35mm, but only one roll at a time. For most accurate color they should be processed in the proper Aerochrome chemistry but it gives good results and somewhat less accurate color in E6.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, the eBay ad is what prompted my question. I'm thinking of trying it, but with C-41 negative processing.

Rck

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin