Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,474   Online: 977

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBone 75 View Post
    "Double coated films would have one side considerably off register, and consequently out of focus."
    In general this is so not true. All I ever use in my 8X10 is green X-ray film and it is usally tack sharp. Also it can be bought for less than $27.00. per 100 sheet box.

Could you please tell me what type/brand/website you got this film from? I'd love to have some of your notes on how you expose this film/develop it.

Is the x-ray film orthochromatic enough for safelights?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Try this place.
    http://www.cxsonline.com/text/detail...ation=10011001
    I generally rate green x-film at 125 develop in D-76 1:1 for 7 minutes. Temp is 74 F. I print with straight Palladium almost all the time and I couldn't be happier with this combo. You will have to do a little experimenting to find out what is best for you, but at this price it makes experimenting fun. Always remember to be gentle, it scratches easily.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks!
    Does this film have a code notch? I usually develop my 8x10 in daylight roll tubes.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The emulsion is coated on both sides so there is no need for a code notch. I've never tried to use daylight tubes but I suspect there may be issues with development on the side touching the tube. Uneven development streaks?Maybe someone else has tried it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There's a couple of us shooting Agfa Scopix and some results over at X-ray Film on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/553711@N25/

Shooter
    Large Format
    There is a useful thread on the LF forum about xray film which answers your questions.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=48099

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Is the x-ray film orthochromatic enough for safelights?
    While the X-ray film is either blue sensitive or orthochromatic, it is much more sensitive to light than photo papers are, so theoretically you CAN use a safelight, but in practice, it would need to be dimmer than for photo paper. I have fogged blue sensitive xray film using my red graphic-arts safelight, which is fairly bright.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used once a film called "monitor film" brought from an x-ray company in Berlin, Germany (they can be located via the web). This film is orthochromatic and coated on only one side. It is quite fast; I remember I exposed it at 500 ASA. But obviously, if you use a yellow filter you have to increase exposure for at least two stops (possibly more).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Put some in the camera and in front of the microwave oven and develop and see what you get
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It fogs under most safelights. Theoretically if you used the same lens to print the film as you did to shoot it you would end up with no double image effect. It has a tendency to get very dense and contrasty. You might try a pull process.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin