Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,237   Online: 835

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Put some in the camera and in front of the microwave oven and develop and see what you get
    Patrick, microwave ovens emit microwaves (radio waves in the gigahertz frequency), not X-Rays.

Although actually...if the seals on your microwave are working right, hopefully it's not emitting anything!

I experiment with high voltage as another hobby, and I've taken apart several microwave ovens. One time, I actually powered up the magnetron tube from a microwave...outside of a microwaven oven. I limited the power though. But it lit up a neon tube with no wires, and it put a loud hum on my stereo.

Anyway, that's a whole other topic.

I just found this topic through a group Flickr, by the way. I was asking if anyone had tried using X-Ray films in a camera. Someone in the group gave me a link.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewaycityca View Post
    I just found this topic through a group Flickr, by the way. I was asking if anyone had tried using X-Ray films in a camera. Someone in the group gave me a link.
    Modern Xray film is used in "cassettes" that have blue, and or green phosphor screens which expose the film with visible light emitted from the screens in contact with the film. The X-rays cause the screens to glow, exposing the film.
    So X-ray film has to be sensitive to visible light. Only thing is the Xray film is only sensitive to blue or blue-green (ortho). This can be used as a creative tool in pictorial photography. As the X-ray film sensitivity gives similar pictorial results to the old Wet-plate collodion (tin type) photos, or in the case of the green sensitive (ortho), similar results to Ortho style camera film.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin