Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,013   Online: 673

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm in the same situation as you are, Nev.

And I'm a heck of a lot farther away from anything than Ottawa! I've even picked up a hand-made half-plate camera and holders from Ty Guillory to get me started. John Coffer's DVD's seem a must, but I agree that getting some time in person for instruction is vital.

I'm willing to travel, obviously...PM me if you're interested on pairing up for this!

Shooter
    Large Format
    youTube has a few short videos that are interesting. google "collodion video" I am also interested in the process and I was wondering if the collodion sold at Formulary has all the ingredients or is it plain collodion in need of more chemicals before you dip in the sensitizers. any help would be greately appreciated.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The collodion you buy is not a salted collodion. Salted collodion for wet plate has a limited shelf life. So yes you will need USP collodion ( and not the flexible collodion) , ether, grain alcohol, and depending on the recipe, salts like, cadmium bromide and potassium iodide. As it ages the slower and more contrasty it will become until it is not usable at all. 6 months or a little longer if it is kept refrigerated. I've seen collodion used that was a year old.
    Last edited by RobertP; 03-27-2009 at 10:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The School of Photographic Arts: Ottawa is offering a two day Tintype workshop this June. The pdf with the course description, dates and fees is:

http://www.spao.ca/summerpdf/2009/sp...ernTintype.pdf

Rob Hughes
    Co-ordinator of Part Time Studies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin