Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,211   Online: 1029

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nev
    Shooter
    Holga

Wetplate/Tintype Help

I am dying to learn how to develop wetplate and tintype style pictures. I was wondering if anybody on this forum knows a lot about this style. I was hoping to find great resources on the net as well as find some of the best people to learn from. Id love to take a course to get started, even if it meant traveling.
    So if anybody has any great information for me please let me know.

Thanks so much!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    will dunniway has a workshop coming up in April (I think) in Yosemite.

Can't beat that!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    On the third page of my Getting Started in Wetplate Collodion Photography article you'll find links to resources including many wetplate practitioners. People such as myself, Bill Schwab, Kerik Kouklis, Mark and France Osterman, Will Dunniway, John Coffer, etc., teach workshops at various times throughout the year. I don't know where in Canada you are located but if you are near to Michigan I might suggest the workshop Bill Schwab and I will be teaching to kick off Bill's 2009 Photostock gathering in mid-June.

The links page also lists quite a number of current wetplate artists online as well as sources for wetplate chemistry, cameras and other supplies.

Joe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've got a beginner's workshop coming up in 2 weeks in Philadelphia:

http://projectbasho.org/workshops/20...collodion.html

I think there's room for 1 or 2 more.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

workshop

If you are unable to attend a workshop you can order John Coffer's manual and 3 DVD set. Its about as close to a workshop that you can get without attending one and it covers everything you need to get started (and then some). I spent a few days with John but I still refer to the DVDs at times because it is hard to remember everything that is thrown at you during the course of a three day workshop. Robert

Nev
    Shooter
    Holga
    oh thats a good idea too! Ill take a look for sure.

edit: I checked out his site and he offers a course close to me. Might be a bit of travel but seems well worth the knowledge and experience. Seems like the only way to apply for the course is via mail? Yikes... hope it gets there in time.
    Last edited by Nev; 03-16-2009 at 10:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Nev
    Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik View Post
    I've got a beginner's workshop coming up in 2 weeks in Philadelphia:

http://projectbasho.org/workshops/20...collodion.html

I think there's room for 1 or 2 more.
    I actually found your site online a while back and considered it! But I think its further away from me. Im in Ottawa Canada. Johns is about 4 hours away and Philly is almost 8 I think. Having said that, Ive always wanted to try an authentic Philly cheese n steak... could be worth the extra drive!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John's DVD set helped me a great deal, but I still thought it a good idea to work with someone first and went to Kerik for the hands on. He was excellent. Joe already mentioned the Photostock workshop. Just to throw it out there knowing Ottawa is still a long way, but I am in Detroit and would happily do a 1 on 1 day if you have an interest. It is always good to get another person hooked!

Shooter
    Medium Format

Short video set here -

If you visit Robb Kendrick's website,

http://www.robbkendrick.com/

you'll find some short videos in his 'media' section.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin