Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,801   Online: 760

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    In Christopher James' The Book of Alternative Processes there is an image by Karen Oganyan - a Vandyke on news print. It's the silhouette of what appears a smoldering volcano printed on the financial page of a newspaper. Not very archival but very cool.

-david

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I assume this is a mica sheet?

Where does one buy large mica sheets?

Sandy King
    Sandy, you have to be thinking what I'm thinking?

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Jim,

Go for it.

I just bought a lot of heavyweight watercolor paper that I plan to size. With that, and the aluminum, I may not have time for mica also.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Sandy, you have to be thinking what I'm thinking?

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I once tried to print with casein/gum (direct pigment, in this case cobalt oxide) on ceramic tiles which were then glazed over. I was successful of sorts: the result was a blue image with beautiful tonations and shadows, but there were some blisters in the glazing which were difficult to get rid off (not impossible, that is, but I spopped my experiments at that point for other reasons.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think if i ever get around to perfecting my semi-modern physautotypes, they might be more interesting. At the moment the pouring and the fact their exposure time ranges to about 5 hours with a fan on it at all times, keeps me from moving forward... and need to do more positives on APHS film for it too.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Sandy King
    This was a small micatype made by Mark Osterman I saw at his home a few years ago. Maybe 3x4 inches or so. Don't know where he got it. It was an experiment, not an entire portfolio. But, it looked pretty cool!
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kodagraph Transtar TP5. You can fold it, backlight it like a transparency, write on the emulsion with pencil (and erase), and it's red-hot in lith. You can print through the back, and with a strong enough light project it on a wall.

I've been told it was a graphic-arts paper, but the way in which it was marketed (very expensive, only sold in large sheets and rolls), the ambiguity of its purposed uses on the data sheet (which actually contains no data), and the fact that I cannot locate anybody in Kodagraph Ontario where it was produced who has ever heard of it, this tells me it was not produced for the masses.

Always interested to hear from anybody who knows anything about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am a sucker for cyanotype and gum dichromate prints. I also like VDB prints, especially when they turn out being a very dark brown; almost black.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Sandy King
    ...look for stove window replacements on that auction place, for example

http://cgi.ebay.com/PARLOUR-WOOD-STO...3A1%7C294%3A50

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Saturday I went to the RIVERSIDE SHOW AND LOOKED at the carbon transfer prints Jim had there, what beautiful prints. I've never see one live and close up, now I can understand its interest and popularity .Jim described the process to me in laymanís terms how they were made . Was very impressed with the whole technique. This is the last day of the RIVERSIDE SHOW. So if you are interested to talk or see better go. Itís free, and they have other photographers as well.
    Mike c.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin