Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,920   Posts: 1,584,822   Online: 1088

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ferric oxalate - how old is too old?

I've not done any pt/pd prints since the fall. I've been trying to do test strips today, and my exposure times are getting up to 16-20 minutes and they still look lousy. My usual times with my tanning lights are in the 3-8 minute range.

I'm using Na2 method. Bought the chemicals in solution from B&S. I think my ferric oxalate solution is from last summer. It might be older. It has been kept in the fridge when not in use. Is it just too old? I think I've read that the other solutions will keep forever, but the ferric oxalate expires eventually.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I heard a year with the B&S ferric oxalate. Sure hope thats true, haven't got my first print yet!! Suppose it all depends on the climate though :-|

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sly ... go over to the B&S forum site and ask Rich or Dane Sullivan directly ... I'm sure they'll know.

http://bostick-sullivan.invisionzone...p?showforum=16

Shooter
    Medium Format
    have u test PH? it should be around 5.6-5.8

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I spoke with B&S about this a few days ago, very randomly, and they told me ferric oxalate should last 6 months.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin