Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,120   Online: 1035

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fuji FP100C - Did you know....

...that it is also made in a "silk" surface?

I found this out when I downloaded the data sheet to figure out what was going wrong with my prints. They were coming out dark, muddy, and magenta. My guess after reading the data sheet is that this was caused by shooting the film in 100F+ weather. (They state the the film is designed for a range that ends at 95F or thereabout.)

Has anyone tried it? How is it? Where do you get it?
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-21-2009 at 04:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    <envious> where did you go that was 100F? </envious>

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    When you say 'pearl', do you mean 'silk'?

Or is there another surface? The only two I know of are FP100C and FP100C-Silk (which is a lightly textured surface; personally I think it's excellent.)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "where did you go that was 100F?"

My neighborhood, yesterday! It is in the mid 90s today; maybe hotter, since my thermometers are not the best (one is built into a Digiflash, and the other is an old darkroom dial thermometer taped to my Sinar).

"When you say 'pearl', do you mean 'silk'?"

Yes; silk, not pearl. I looked at the data sheet again, then changed the OP, only to see that you had posted this question in the meantime.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-21-2009 at 04:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just in case you do mean FP100C-Silk, attached is a scan of a shot on it (taken in Iceland for what it's worth - it evidently holds up to cold weather better than hot .) Hopefully if you zoom in to full size the texture is obvious (if APUG hasn't resized/recompressed it too much...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iceland.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Crossed in the post there .

Blast, APUG does resize the image too much so it's not too obvious. Humph. I'll try a crop - see attached.

Anyway, I really like it - it's my favourite instant film. The texture is relatively light but gives the prints an immediate 'hard wearing' almost vinyl kind of feel (that's a really bad explanation but there you go.) It's a very regular hexagonal texture, not like the 'random' type texture you might expect from a textured paper.

Can't help you on where to buy it in the US - it's relatively commonly available over here though anywhere you can buy the regular FP100C - at least in the smaller medium-format pack films; I'm not sure if it's available in the 4x5 format.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iceland-crop.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah. Thank you. I know that texture, or something very close to it. It was popular for a time on point and shoot prints. You see it a lot on old family photos. I need to call Freestyle and see if they have it, even though it is not listed on the Website or in the catalog. I have never seen the stuff, or even heard of it.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I don't like it. I don't know of any silk fabric as course as FP-100C Silk; it's more like a linen weave to me. I'd love a pearl or semi-matt or satin (in ilford terms of surface textures) instead...
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin