Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,728   Posts: 1,515,219   Online: 946

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lana Aquarelle

Lana Aquarelle

Anyone have any experience with Lana Aquarelle paper?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I have used it for Pt/Pd and Na2 Pd. Coats well. No acid precoat needed. About 50%-60% more exposure time than Platine, and most other papers. Beautiful results. If Platine ever was discontinued, I'd switch to L.A. or F.A.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have used it for Cyanotype and New Cyanotype. With the New Cyanotype it requires some citric acid added to the sensitizer. But, it works great and is stable over a day or two before exposure.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got both cold press and hot press with the gum bichromate kit from B&S. The hot press was great for gum, the cold press stank. Don't know why they included it. I haven't tried the cold press with anything else yet. The hot press is all used up.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Hot press is great with carbon transfers, takes gelatin sizing nicely. Haven't had much success with kallitypes- results were really grainy.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I cant' see that an oxalic acid soak adds anything at all. It coats nicely with the Richeson brush but I've had some grainy looking images with single coating using Pd/Na2. Double coating remedies this and makes for a visually satisfying Dmax.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kberquist View Post
    I cant' see that an oxalic acid soak adds anything at all. It coats nicely with the Richeson brush but I've had some grainy looking images with single coating using Pd/Na2. Double coating remedies this and makes for a visually satisfying Dmax.
    try a drop of tween
    Works wonders for coating L.A. as well as Platine

Hot press is great with carbon transfers, takes gelatin sizing nicely. Haven't had much success with kallitypes- results were really grainy.
    I kallitype print. Colin, were you gelatin sizing for kallitypes too? I always found the sizing to get in the way.
    Don, do you have experience with both hot and cold press papers?

Thanks for everyones' input!

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I've only sized Lana for carbon. I did try sizing with Arches HP once for kallitypes and was a pale mottled mess, so haven't tried it with any other papers. But I keep meaning to try some other prep for Lana because I like the paper so much. Maybe double coating, or using tween would help for kallitypes as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don...do you use a drop of tween undiluted? and with how much sensitizer (in ml)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin