Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,862   Posts: 1,583,180   Online: 717

Shooter
    Medium Format

Cyanotype discoloration on sensitized paper?

I'm a little puzzled - with the regular cyanotype process, I am getting green streaks on sensitized (but not exposed) paper when it dries. The only way to avoid this seems to be to force-dry the paper and to expose it quickly (i.e., within about half an hour).

Ideas? The only thing I can think of its that it may be streaking of too much sensitizer, although this is a low-penetration paper (Arches Plaine) and there is no visible unevenness in wetness when the paper is put out to dry.

Thanks
    Dante

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If it's slightly shiny and tacky it's too much sensitiser, otherwise your paper is probably too buffered/alkaline and might need a soak in a weak acid bath and dried before you coat.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As Heather wrote this happen with too buffered paper. You should adicify your paper or change of brand.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    it sounds very much like you are using a buffered paper, which probably means that it is too alkaline.
    use a 100% cotton or rag paper. It should be neutral or even better, slightly acidic.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So that was my problem with platine. I had found the image floated off the surface of Platine. Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin