Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,210   Online: 917

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OK just one more update.... this may explain why I am getting good results....

http://www.bulbman.com/index.asp?Pag...OD&ProdID=4269

I think this is the bulb, anyway it may explain my results as the light was actually not that close to the frame. BTW... I did think of my eyes and popped the strobe from the other side of the door during my first test.

Does anyone happen to know what these bulbs are actually used for?

Thanks!

The bulb you posted, mentioned Photogenic on the page, Photogenic is an old American lighting company, I got this off their web site http://www.photogenicpro.com/

Photogenic® Professional Lighting was founded in 1904 in Youngstown, Ohio.
    The company has a long established reputation for supplying high quality lighting equipment and light shaping accessory products for professional photographers..............

As has been mentioned, the flash tubes (bulbs) that you have are not coated to reduce UV emission.

Ralph

Ralph,

I think you are correct about the UV coating.... I got the whole system down to about 20 pops for a 5x7 neg..... But then the light bulb finally went off in my head & I realized that the lighting system might be worth some $$$$. Did a bit of research and these things are still selling for a good price on the auction site.... The quality seems fine.... The stands are even air cushioned and make a very satisfying hissing sound when they are telescoped down. I see from your link that a lot of the accessory equipment has not changed much since my units were made. So it seems I have the potential here to replace my strobe system with a Nuarc and have cash left over for a wee jug of platinum as well!

Thanks for the extra info....... Annie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin