Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,383   Online: 1034

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In Poland for one 24" BLB chinese bulb -> 10$ -> 33zł >.<
    Philips cost something about 15$

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't go for BLB bulbs; you need BL bulbs... They're better (higher output more yield) and usually cost less than BLB ones...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hey,
    The pack of ten Narva Świetlówka, promiennik UVA, LT 18W/009UV (BL) will be OK ?
    Last edited by SadowskiPL; 06-25-2009 at 01:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ask them about the spectral power distribution; if it's peaking around 360nm then it's fine.

According the info at http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b...red~narva.html it's OK. But ask anyway to be sure.

These are 25mm diameter lamps, so with 10 lamps spaced 2cm apart you'll have 43x60cm printing area. (Position the bulbs allowing at least 10 - 12cm space between the printing frame glass and the bulbs. If not, you may experience light banding / uneven lighting.)
    Last edited by Loris Medici; 06-26-2009 at 01:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Can I insert a strong UV source to a 35mm-6x9cm enlarger?
    I want to enlarg a 35mm and 6x6 negatives for alt. process by "UV Enlarger".
    Or build LF enlarger with UV.
    The scanning or doing a paper negs lub inkjet negs cost to munch...
    UV Source labout 125-400Wat ?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hmmm...
    OK, I going to build myself Vacuum Frame and UV Box = UV Expresure Unit by Sadowski

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Can I use for prints in VDB and Kallitype, Tetenal SuperFix Plus ?

For Fixing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know the product. But, as a general rule we don't use ready-made silver gelatin fixers (which mostly consist of ammonium thiosulfate); for Vandyke/Kallitype we use 2-5% "sodium thiosulfate". (I personally use and advocate "2mins in 2%" fixing procedure; that's adequately enough without compromising the print's longevity... But one has to pay attention to not exhaust the fixer by refreshing often.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SadowskiPL View Post
    Can I use for prints in VDB and Kallitype, Tetenal SuperFix Plus ?

For Fixing.
    Rapid fixers will bleach VDB, use plain hypo.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by SadowskiPL View Post
    Can I insert a strong UV source to a 35mm-6x9cm enlarger?
    I want to enlarg a 35mm and 6x6 negatives for alt. process by "UV Enlarger".
    Or build LF enlarger with UV.
    The scanning or doing a paper negs lub inkjet negs cost to munch...
    UV Source labout 125-400Wat ?
    You will have a very difficult time building a UV light source for an enlarger that will be intense enough for alternative process printing and it would be extremely expensive.

Learn to use the sun to start with and save money to construct a UV printer later. The sun will give you immediate gratification or close to it.

You didn't mention a contact printing frame. Do you have one? And yes you will have to produce enlarged negatives. Based on what you have written about expense of materials it sounds like to me your best option will be to go the paper negative route.

Also plan on purchasing a step tablet. If you can't afford that then you can't afford to print alternative processes.
    Don Bryant

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin