Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,369   Online: 818

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Wet Plate in Paris

At the annual "Bièvres" Photo Fair, just outside Paris last weekend, Quinn Jacobson and Carl Radford worked their tails off, demonstrating wet plate collodion photography and (trying to) photograph the long lines of eager new fans. There were a lot of them!

Incredible. For me to see such enthusiasm here in "Cartier-Bressonland" for this ancient and beautiful process (whose "decisive moment" is somewhere within a three second exposure range) really warms the heart.

Congratulations you guys... you are really "missionaries" of the forgotten art, bringing the 'good news' to the digital heathens

Quinn's blog says it all: http://www.studioQ.com/blog/index.php

My portrait is in his gallery. In reality I look a tad younger, but they refused to let me wear my bib . . .

Best,

Christopher
    Last edited by Christopher Nisperos; 06-17-2009 at 12:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Great stuff! Big congratulations to Quinn and Carl!
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Nisperos View Post
    At the annual "Bièvres" Photo Fair, just outside Paris last weekend, Quinn Jacobson and Carl Radford worked their tails off, demonstrating wet plate collodion photography and (trying to) photograph the long lines of eager new fans. There were a lot of them!

Incredible. For me to see such enthusiasm here in "Cartier-Bressonland" for this ancient and beautiful process (whose "decisive moment" is somewhere within a three second exposure range) really warms the heart.

Congratulations you guys... you are really "missionaries" of the forgotten art, bringing the 'good news' to the digital heathens

Quinn's blog says it all: http://www.studioQ.com/blog/index.php

My portrait is in his gallery. In reality I look a tad younger, but they refused to let me wear my bib . . .

Best,

Christopher
    Hard work but a real pleasure to be part of!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails christopher.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent! Wonderful shot. Great job Quinn and Carl!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlRadford View Post
    Hard work but a real pleasure to be part of!
    With a face like mine, Carl ... any photographer would have hard work! . . . but you guys carried out your 13 hour day (with no breaks, as far as I could tell) with grace and professionalism...

The real pleasure was for the public, to discover these "new" types of images!

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Congratulations to Quinn and Carl! Wonderful thing the whole collodion experience.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks good.

Is there an exhibition too or was it just a one day event?

Please tell me it was just one day. I was in Paris yesterday so if there is an exhibition, I missed my chance!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damn, I head to Paris tomorrow!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To Steve and Jeremy ... and any APUG brethern and sistern passing through Paris:

I'm in no way an expert on wet plate photography, but I know Bordeaux pretty well ... You are very welcome to contact me (in as far in advance of your visit as possible!) for a rendez-vous, time-willing.

Best,

Christopher

non-drinkers of wine are also welcome ... Paris has coffee, too!

:
    Last edited by Christopher Nisperos; 06-22-2009 at 04:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    but I know Bordeaux pretty well ..
    For a minute I thought you meant the place... not the wine. I went near there too last week.

Paris has coffee, too!
    Give me tea with a slice of lemon any time!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin