Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,200   Online: 793

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solargraphy????

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When doing this, should I load the paper in the dark before hand? I am definitely going to attempt this today...

And I have some left over sheet film with no more 4x5 camera. Would this work? :]
    Last edited by fiducio; 06-30-2009 at 01:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I often wondered why I get color in my Lumen prints - see:
    http://brucecsdunekphotography.zenfolio.com/p941044908
    I also didn't know you should tone them before fixing. When I tried to tone fixed Lumen prints all the color dissapeared! Guess I try it the other way. Sure is interesting how these things work.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm attempting this with three materials in pinhole can cameras. One fogged sheet of 4X5 B&W sheet film I was using for test strips. A piece of cut up glossy Color RA4 Paper (ew, glossy! two boxes left I will never use...). And The norm matte ilford fiber paper!

Find out what happens by the end of the day!

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Hello EASmithV,looked at your flickr site and there is some very good and interesting photo's there you have.About color in B&w paper not to long ago I had mistakenly filled a tray with hypo clear in stead of fixer,not knowing what I'd done went ahead and made a print. Turned on the light with the print still in what I thought was fixer and saw a brilliant blue print turn black before my eyes. Haven't tried repeating the mistake,must be something in the hypo clear that gave the print a very blue color.

Mike
    Somehow I missed this. Thanks !

How does the size of the silver have to do with the color? Do you remember what website/book you read it in? I'm curious to read it.
    Last edited by EASmithV; 07-13-2009 at 01:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post

How does the size of the silver have to do with the color?
    A very wild guess but maybe the size is linked to the wavelength of light it will reflect/refract.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin