Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,604   Online: 831

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

pipette experiences?

i looking for pipette for measure the chemical and wonder that anyone has experiences of different pipette? i looking for Gilson and it looks consistence?
    any idea to measure ment the chemical and make its consistency?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I really wonder why you think you need a pipette. For measuring small amounts, say anything from about 15 ml upwards, a 45 ml measuring cylinder is accurate enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Measuring high dilutions of Rodinal is much easier with a pipette. I don't know what brand mine is, it's a 5ml and I use a rubber hose on it for suction. Tried a bulb with it but it was not consistant enough using it.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What about a small graduated syringe? That's what I use for measuring out Prescysol.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a 15ml syringe with a rubber bung attached to it. You ram the bung into the bottle and then measure out your stock solution. I use this with Pyrocat and Rodinal.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The cheapest and easiest way to measure Rodinal or an other chemical is a 10, 15 or 20 ml syringe.
    Clean the syringe afterwards with the diluting fluid (water), so you get all the Rodinal into your developer.

I have been doing that for the past 30 years or so.

Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a 45ml graduated cylinder for rodinal. However, as the poster asked this question in the alternative processes forum, I assume they want it probably for pt/pd printing where drop measurements are often used when mixing for coating.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    45 ml graduated cylinders - that's interesting. I've only seen 50 ml ones, but then I work with lab glassware most of the time.

I use pipettes with a plain rubber bulb. They are 1, 5, 10, and 25 ml serilogical pipettes. They have graduations so you can measure amouts smaller than the nominal volume of the pipette, unlike volumetric pipettes that are designed for only one volume.

I don't recommend using a rubber tube with pipetting. Just work on your pipetting technique. Or get one of those 3-way valve pipette bulbs. They have a valve for filling, one for dispensing, and one draining to get the amount adjusted.

For viscous liquids, I just rinse the pipette in the conatiner I'm measuring into.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a variety of pipettes and syringes. They either come from the Photographers Formulary or the local druggist in the case of syringes. Some Veterinarians also carry small syringes and pipettes.

I have some down to the 1 ml size and as large as 60 ml size.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Some Veterinarians also carry small syringes and pipettes.
    My daughter's pet rabbit is currently on anti-biotics administered with a 5ml syringe. When the course is finished, that syringe is mine!

Perfect for Prescysol where I need to measure out 5ml of A solution and 15ml of B solution (with a larger syringe).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin