Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,020   Online: 925

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Joy Goldkind Bromoil clip

I found this a few days ago and I just wanted to share this, in case someone has missed this: [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddzbnHQ1mJU[/YOUTUBE]

I have never worked with this process so I am interested in any expert comments.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Joy is a good friend and a former workshop student of mine. She's a wonderful artist, photographer ... and person!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    She spoke fondly of you, Gene, when she made a presentation as part of the f:295 Seminar at B&H earlier this year.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Wow!

Thank you for posting this Jerevan.

Cheers,
    Clarnece

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    What timing! I just finished doing my first 6 matrices. I'm really looking forward to this process. Thanks for posting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wow, after having just watched this a second time, I'm amazed at how roughly the print can be treated. She really goes at it with that brush! I was also very happy to see how the excess water is wiped off, because I would have been deathly afraid of smearing the ink via the method she uses, but apparently it's not an issue.

My matrices are drying. I'll super-dry in the morning and resoak; then I'm off on a brand new adventure! (although I only have the black ink, no colors. )

Gene, if you don't mind my asking, what paper do you use for your bromoils? You're the reason I've decided to take up the process. I've just been blown away with your work.

Paul

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i love her work, and the best thing she is also a very nice lady to match the quality of her images.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cocklin View Post
    Wow, after having just watched this a second time, I'm amazed at how roughly the print can be treated. She really goes at it with that brush! I was also very happy to see how the excess water is wiped off, because I would have been deathly afraid of smearing the ink via the method she uses, but apparently it's not an issue.

My matrices are drying. I'll super-dry in the morning and resoak; then I'm off on a brand new adventure! (although I only have the black ink, no colors. )

Gene, if you don't mind my asking, what paper do you use for your bromoils? You're the reason I've decided to take up the process. I've just been blown away with your work.

Paul
    I'm using Kentmere fineprint VC fine grain matt (semi matt) - not warmtone.
    Also Slavich Matt - grade 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Paul. I would suggest that you ink with black ink only until you have the inking nailed down. Color inks are thinner and much more difficult to "tame!"

Good luck!

Gene

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin