Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,899   Posts: 1,521,073   Online: 940

Thread: Presentation

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Presentation

I've just started with cyanotype and find it very enjoyable, not to mention inexpensive compared to the rest of the alt processes. There is a question though: What is the general mood out there as to presentation i.e. the inevitable extra sensistizer surrounding the image that ends up producing a very dark border of irregular proportions bursh marks etc. I know that in some circles this is considered "in vogue". Yet I find it suits some images and interfers with others. Your thoughts please?
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You can always overmat if you don't like the brush strokes. I find messing around with drafting tape to be more hassle than I'm willing to do usually so I just do brush strokes (although as neat and tidy as possible). I kind of like the dark border on some things as it's easy to "hide" signature/title in there using a pencil.
    Also some people use rod coating which tends to be a little "neater" looking.

I say do whatever makes you happy. There's no rules either way and as you've noticed, sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad for certain images.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm messy and sometimes the mess works, other times it gets covered by a mat. Bill Barber

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    This isn't an orthodox suggestion, but it's what I do for Pt/Pd... If the brush strokes don't work for you then cut them off: crop down to a print that works for you.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin