Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,585   Posts: 1,545,809   Online: 1117

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've found that going back into the soda after tea toning I get nice neutral greys. With heavy exposures and lots of time in the tea I have had jet black shadows but by then the paper is quite stained by the tea.
    Back to the original question add classic cars and bikes to the list of stuff that works in blue. I am especially fond of a cyanotype I made of details of a Haley engine.

Who was it that said anyone who prints landscapes in Cyanotype is a vandal??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Portraits of folks like Bernard Madoff. Actually, I have done portraits in Cyanotype, and they can have a certain charm. Don't expect the sitter to be thrilled, however.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I've done lots of nudes and portraits - it works...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've seen some impressive portraits, normally very tightly cropped, that look good.
    Nudes also look great with many alt processes. I think it helps abstract the image a little and take it further from 'kewl, a nekkid chick/guy' and more about form.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    it sounds like you are limiting yourself
    I use cyanotypes as a way to expose photos i take locally

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    carbonate bleach/tannin tone [cyanotype] gets sun for about an hour every day. Going on two years now, and with no visible change...
    I tacked one to the railing of the deck where it was exposed to weather for six weeks. It recieved sun from 11am to 6pm (when we have sun, this being Cleveland). No noticeable change - though I didn't keep a reference version. Seems they may last longer than RC prints...
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amuderick View Post
    iron gallate and iron tannate pigments are very lightfast and permanent.
    Iron gallate was known to the ancient Greeks, who used it as ink. Writings in 'iron ink' are still readable after thousands of years.

Gallic acid's known mild reducing action made it a candidate for a developer at the beginning of silver-halide photography.

I guess the winner for image permanence would be cyanotype on papyrus or scraped hide.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've made a series of cyanotypes from travel shots from Albania, and I didn't find the color annoying for any scene, really. What I don't like about the basic cyanotype process is the low d-max, so I spent some time trying different methods until I got one that gave a crisp, contrasty look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisk99 View Post
    I've found that going back into the soda after tea toning I get nice neutral greys. With heavy exposures and lots of time in the tea I have had jet black shadows but by then the paper is quite stained by the tea.
    Back to the original question add classic cars and bikes to the list of stuff that works in blue. I am especially fond of a cyanotype I made of details of a Haley engine.

Who was it that said anyone who prints landscapes in Cyanotype is a vandal??
    Peter Henry Emerson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE]so I spent some time trying different methods until I got one that gave a crisp, contrasty look./QUOTE]

Would you kindly expand on this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin